We are based at the Edinburgh BioQuarter, with headquarters and process development laboratories at building NINE and licensed GMP manufacturing facilities within the Scottish Centre for Regenerative Medicine (SCRM).
In 2021 we will open our new state of the art cell and gene therapy manufacturing centre at BioQuarter. The new state of the art 1,600 m2 facility will operate to US and EU GMP standards and will become an innovative hub for the manufacture of cell and gene therapy products. This expansion accelerates our development and manufacturing capability, promising to bring next-generation treatments to patients globally.
The new custom-designed facility will encompass five clean rooms, warehousing and offices for all supporting activities and will include a dedicated training lab that is set to be the new home of our Training Academy.
Due to its strategic location, RoslinCT benefits from:
- Close proximity to both Edinburgh Airport and Glasgow Airport which provide cost-effective logistics solutions
- Access to local and international logistics companies providing validated temperature-controlled shipment services
- Close proximity to a number of GMP compliant specialist contract testing laboratories
- Access to local academic expertise and innovative technologies
- Co-ordinated clinical centres and NHS services with a central national database of 5.3 million patient records enabling rapid clinical trial recruitment
- Strategic support by Scottish Enterprise.